Maybe God knew I would have a very challenging 6 year old. Or maybe God knew I would have terrible eyesight. Or maybe God knew I would have size ten and a half feet. Or maybe God just wanted to give me a break.
Either way, God gave me kids that love vegetables. I know this is no small thing.
We would have to buy stock in Ranch dressing if we used it every time they ate raw veggies, and God knows we're not that rich. So this is the dip we eat instead:
2 cups of lowfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup of sour cream or plain yogurt or greek yogurt
1/4 cup of fat-free mayo
1 Tbsp. onion flakes
1 tsp. dried dill weed (or a small handful of fresh in the summer)
1/2 tsp. season salt
Combine it all and serve. I keep it on hand in the fridge - especially in the summer for garden vegetables. The cramped-ness of Winter is getting us in more ways than one right now though, and we've been buying lots of "fresh" (a.k.a. picked on the coast, injected with preservatives, shipped to Dillons) veggies.
This is what Buzz was doing while I made the veggies. Nothing like playing with trains on the table in your undies. Life is good when you're a Buzz.
And Sage McCage was contributing in her way too. We call her our "Roomba"...she so kindly takes care of any stray food that made it to the floor. Life is good when you're a Roomba too.


